Bishops is fortunate to have outstanding range of well maintained sporting facilities allowing a large variety of sports. This makes the sporting experience at Bishops a very enjoyable one.
Bishops outdoor facilities include:
- 8 tennis courts
- 8 Lane 25m swimming pool – under lights, covered and heated in Winter months.
- International size waterpolo pool
- 8 Cricket fields; 1 field under lights
- 8 Turf cricket nets; 15 other cricket nets
- 9 Rugby fields
- 1 Hockey astro turf under lights (Woodlands)
- 2 Hockey fields
- Facilities for rowing, sailing and canoeing
- 1 Outdoor basketball court
- 1 Cross country course within the estate
- 1 Mountain biking course within the estate
Bishops indoor facilities include:
- Steffan Coutts-Trotter Indoor Cricket Centre
- Five international squash courts
- 1 basketball court
- Indoor sports centre with facilities for basketball, indoor hockey, indoor soccer, badminton and fencing
- Well equipped fitness center
All water sports take place at Zeekoeivlei. Rowing regattas are held on the Berg River. Bishops is affiliated to Royal Cape Golf Club, Our cyclists do indoor road cycling training at Bike Max in Claremont and outdoor MTB training in the SAFCOLTokai forest.