The building of Founders House began in the early 1850s and many additions were made over the years with the south-east block added as recently as 2003. Initially it was built as the school with classrooms, dormitories, a dining room and kitchen, and accommodation and offices for staff. The House system, pastoral and competitive as we now know it, dates only from 1911 after the departure of the university classes. Founders House was known by a number of different names until 1919 when Harold Birt named it Founders. It is now a boarding House for about 70 boys.
|Mon 8 May 7:50-8:10
||Chapel - Founders House